11 finalists named for first Stadia Ventures’ sports accelerator
Stadia Ventures, the new St. Louis startup accelerator that focuses on early stage sports companies, has narrowed its applicant field from almost 200 startups to 11 finalists.
From those 11 startups, five will be selected to take part in Stadia’s first accelerator program, which will invest $100,000 into companies for an equity stake.
Stadia, led by former Saint Louis University entrepreneurship director Tim Hayden and Art Chou, is in the process of raising $10 million, to fund the twice-a-year program over the next five years. Hayden said the accelerator has put a dent in that funding, but didn’t disclose how much Stadia has raised to date.
Stadia, located in the T-REX incubator, also plans to invest up to $300,000 in its best startups following the program.
Here are the 11 finalists. Winners are expected to be announced sometime in the next month.
- EON Sports (Kansas City): Helping athletes with virtual reality technology.
- Fishidy (Madison, Wisconsin): A map-based fishing social network that provides hot-spot maps, local reports and tools to help you catch more fish.
- InsightReplay (Newhaven, Connecticut): Portable instant replay that helps athletes and teams.
- InstaViser (San Francisco): Helping athletes of all skill levels and ages learn from coaches and athletes.
- LEIF Technologies (Brooklyn, New York): A company that has developed an eSnowboard for year-round use.
- ProXR (St. Louis): Proprietary ergonomic knob for baseball, hockey and golf that increases performance and reduces injuries.
- RaceNote (Omaha, Nebraska): A motorsports management platform that makes race teams faster.
- Red Rock Apps (Minsk, Belarus): The makers of Running For Weight Loss, a running app designed specifically for weight loss
- Rookies (St. Louis): Creating fully personalized baseball cards.
- Tap.in 2 (Los Angeles): App that allows fans to order their concessions, merchandise and VIP experiences in-seat.
- Winning Identity (Toronto): Providing golf software solutions to help bring everything golf to one centralized location.